Supreme range of soil & rock Anchors
Used to anchor into concrete, masonry, stone.
With time, the evaluation of anchors have led to different designs.
More than one anchor type may be suitable for a particular purpose
Thus there are some salient features which need to be examined before choosing any anchor.
SALIENT FEATURES WHILE CHOOSING AN ANCHOR:
- Base Material
- Material being anchored to
- Can be concrete, brick, tile block, stone etc.
- The type of fastener for the application is determined by it.
- Stone & concrete has high load carrying ability (due to its strength and mass)
- Other Base material, has much less mass to anchor to, thus much less strength.
TYPE OF BASE-MATERIAL
Fine grained soil.E.g.- Clay
Coarse grained soil. E.g-Sand
Each type can be further subdivided into 3 categories
- Based on the origin of the soil.
- Method of deposition.
- Proper size hole for maximum efficiency of the mechanical anchor.
- Proper spacing between the anchors.
- Compressive strength of the base material.
- Distance of the surface from the embedded end of the anchor.
lOAD TYPES DEPENDING ON THE DIRECTION :
- Tension-1) Applied parallel to the length of the anchor. 2) Loads stress the fastener and the baes material .
- Shear-1)Perpendicular to the length of the anchor. 2)The depends on the anchor strength
- Complicated-1) Combination of tension and shear. 2) Resultant load in some other direction.
LOAD TYPES DEPENDING ON LOAD MOVEMENT:
Static–Non moving loads.
Dynamic–Vibration etc, causes the loosening of the anchor
The load bearing of the anchor depends on ———–
Expansion force of the anchor.
Strength of the base material
TYPES OF ANCHORS MANUFACTURED BY US:
Cross plate Anchors
HELICAL ANCHOR /HELICAL PIERS
Consist of central shaft made up of square or round rod.
–Transmits torque during installation
–Transfers axial loads to the helical plates
–Also provide the resistance to lateral loading.
HELICAL SHAPED CIRCULAR STEEL PLATE WE I DED TO THE SHAFT
–Helical plates constructed with controlled pitch
–Causes more soil resistance during normal loading.
ROUND ROD AND SQUARE ROD:
Round rod Helix Anchor /No Wrench screw Anchor.
–Can be installed by hand or machine.
–Much be installed at greater depth to reach firm soil
SQUARE SHAFT / WRENCH TYPE SCREW ANCHOR
–Designed for heavy guy loading.
–Extension shaft is coupled for installation at proper depth.
Used as soil anchors—for retaining walls, to resist wind loads for tall structures
Used for building foundations–For new structures, under pins for existing structures, as support for broad walks, light posts etc.
Immediate loading capability and resistance to both uplift and bearing loads
High capacity application
Limited access installation
Designed of a threaded rod with turn buckle and two opposing wedge.
The rotation of the turn buckle forces the wedge against the sides of the rock, locking the anchor in place.
Load increses the wedging force and the holding power.
For details about anchor please click the link below………………